Ignorance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ignorance

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Anybody still here?
Pet Guide EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:04 am by Ryan

» I'm back?
Pet Guide EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:36 am by Raleb

» Hellooo
Pet Guide EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 pm by Adem

» My new main on kms<3
Pet Guide EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:59 am by TacoTamer

» GF EMS U MIGHT ASWELL SHUT DOWN
Pet Guide EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:55 am by sharjeel

» FUCKING SUCK DICK GAY HACKERS!!!!!!!!!!
Pet Guide EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:13 pm by Zinjie

» Im through to next schoolyear!
Pet Guide EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:56 am by Ryan

» EVERY1 READ IF YOUR A BOSS
Pet Guide EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 pm by Adem

» I only apply for form i know i am accepted nibs xD
Pet Guide EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:55 am by sharjeel

Top posting users this month
No user

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Pet Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pepsi
Cloud Leopard
Cloud Leopard
Pepsi

Antal inlägg : 100
Registreringsdatum : 2012-05-02

Pet Guide Empty
PostSubject: Pet Guide   Pet Guide EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Stolen from here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I liked the images from it mainly xD

Throw me Dino info, lol.

[Updates (August 04): Husky command, level 10-19, for MapleSea!]

[June 19: Husky command, level 20+. Very Happy]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Proton's Little Pet Training Guide
___The uber unique guide on pet training. Omg.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Table . of . Contents]

Section 1 : Why Pet Training?

Section 2 : Training? How?
Option #1: Pet Parks
Option #2: Commands
Option #3: Feeding Time

Section 3 : The most accurate Closeness Chart ever

Section 4 : My Words

Section 5 : Credits Stuff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, you paid like 5,000 NX cash for this little pet thing from Cash Shop. You even bought Meso Magnet and Item Pouch to turn it into your looter.

Now, it's time to train it. But... how?

Here comes perhaps one of the most fun-to-make guides ever -- guide for pet training. This isn't gonna be an introduction to pets (Read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for that), this is strictly for training.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Section 1 : Why Pet Training?

So why the heck would you train a pet? Level 1 or level 30 pet would do the exact same thing -- looting.

Then, when you think about it, your pet only lasts for THREE months, not forever. One day it'll just turn into a doll again, and life goes on. A friend told me, "I don't stay attach to things that disappear in 3 months'.

So, why would you spend time on it?

Well first, obviously you'd want the commands for pets. Getting your pet to do whatever you tell it to do can be fun (slavery omg).

Second, higher level pets have new commands to use, as well as new dialogues. Level 10+ pets can "talk", level 15 pets would say whatever you tell it to with /pet. It can give you tons of laugh during a boring boat ride, or even initiate conversations with friends or random people. "Hey what was that?" "What is the closeness for level 10?" It may sound stupid, but it actually works. I met a number of friends that way too. =x

Third, they're called "pets", not "looter", not "slave". It's our job to care for it, like a real life pet, even though it's simply pixels coded by programmers. In reality, pets like hamsters have short life span too, does it mean you should leave it starving all time, and not take care of it? In fact, it might've even be easier for Wizet's programmers if they made Item Pouch and Meso Magnet for characters, then you can loot the stuff yourself. >_> No dialogue whatsoever is even needed. But then, pets are here for us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Overall, pets are here to provide another way for all of us to enjoy MapleStory. Instead of staring at your screen bored from leveling, you have something else to kill time. Instead of waiting to leveling at 100%, you can level your pet and be happy about it too.

So here, let's move on to training!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Section 2 : Training? How?

When it comes to pet training, people may simply think "spam". Here are a few options for pet training, and my tips.

Option #1: Pet Parks

You hear me, pet parks. It's the fastest way to level your pet when you have spare time from your own training. Oh look, a jump quest all over again. o_o''

Ludibrium Pet Park is preferred, as it gives 4 closeness from each time you do the quest. The Henesys one is harder to most of us and gives only 2 closeness each time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[ProtoTip#1]
: Don't forget your commands while jumping!

Here's where I'd do commands during the jump:

___For level 10-19 pets :

___For level 20+ pets :

What you do is... see the red dots? When you reach those spots, use "Talk / Chat". Your pet should respond and it will gain closeness.

<Note> If you have a level 10-19 pet, and you fall a lot during the quest, try using the Talk Spots for level 20+ pets. The time it takes for you to reach those level 20 spots would be identical to a good jumper reaching the level 10 spots.

All this is base on timing (which is in next section). My spots may not work well for you, obviously. This is simply for reference. Smile Find your own spots if those just suck. XD

[ProtoTip#2] : How the heck do you go down?

Whenever you sit at the top of the Ludibrium Pet Park, ever wonder... how the heck do you get to the bottom faster?

The answer is... tada!

No sorry, Bunny Styxie cannot help you get down faster (sadly).
It's those orange slide things, obviously. They actually have a use, omg. But wait, HOW do you use them anyways?

To answer this, here's how I do it. See the white line? That's me flying down.

When you're at the top of the Pet Park, jump down to the orange slide in the middle. Then walk to the left edge (that's the / side of the slide), and jump as you're going down the slide. You'll be flying to the bottom.

When you hit the bottom, do the same thing on the brown slide there. You'll land at a spot where you'll be able to double-click on the NPC, like this!

The slide thing is pretty much an accelerator. It is the fastest way I've seen so far to reach the bottom without doing a long walk.

Also, there IS a warp at the top right of the Pet Park, but it simply teleports you to the bottom right corner of the map. And guess what? You got to walk all the way to the NPC without any speed items or haste. Henesys Pet Park, on the other hand, has a warp that brings you straight to the NPC.

Try it yourself! Very Happy

[ProtoTip#3] : What the heck, extra closeness?

*Note: CraZyneSs has mentioned that this glitch is fixed. Confirmation needed on this. Smile

When you jump the Pet Park's quest, had you notice sometimes, you get stuff like the following:

(Credits for NightScouter for the screenshot. Very Happy)

Wait... Doesn't the Pet Park give +4 closeness only?

Here's why.

Pet park's "The closeness gained" message is slow. Like.. *really* slow. After you handed the letter to the NPC Neru, you may have to wait up to a minute before you see that your pet gained closeness (but you actually got the closeness already). Before that message show up, you could do commands, and the closeness you gain from command *and* the jump shows up.

Example:

1. Omg I finished pet jump! *Hands letter in, Bunny Styxie gains 4 closeness*
2. Command time... Styxie talk!
3. "The closeness gained (+6)" shows up. (4 from the jump, 2 from the command "Talk")

Back when we only had Henesys' Pet Park, I received the "closeness gained" message from the previous loop, after I reached the middle of the jump. It's just *that* slow. <_<;;

So, the (+6) does not mean pet park gives 4-6 closeness. But it's fun still at times to see yourself gaining like 7 closeness, lol. Very Happy

Option #2: Commands

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]What?

For all you jump quest haters, commands are your hero. But.. WAIT. Please listen. You have a big list of commands... but which *should* you use?

For most level 1-9 pets : "Sit" and "iloveyou" tend to be the easiest commands to work, and each give 1 closeness. All the positive commands are good for pets at this level. The negative ones, such as "no" and "bad", works less often.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Pandas: Panda has three command that gives 2 closeness whenever it works -- "Chill / Relax", "iloveyou" and "Stand/Up/Rise". However, "Stand/Up/Rise" works more often compared to the other 2 commands. Know which to use now? ^_~

Credit goes to Kelli (TwilightWish), Enterprize-E, aznh4ny0u, and Cyndrin. =x

------------------------------------------------------------------

For most level 10-19 pets : "Talk" works the most often, and gives 2 closeness for each one that works.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rudolphs : Rudolph owners... you paid more at the beginning, so you're uber unique.

Rudolphs gain more closeness with "Merryxmas" or "Lonely/Alone" than "Talk", according to djflipstarx and Cyndrin. "Talk" gives only 1 closeness, unlike other pets. Thanks to both of them for this information. ^^"

Djflipstarx has a tip for all Rudolph owners:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Pandas: After lots of in-game comfirmation, Panda's "Letsplay" command works most often, and give 3 clossness everytime it works. Wow, Panda owners are lucky. Surprised Thanks to a huge amount of people for helping me on this. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Huskies:

Global MS: When a Husky turns level 10, the "Hand" command becomes a 2 closeness command. It surprisingly works way more often than the new commands "Talk" and "Down", for Husky. o.O

MapleSEA: It's been said that "Hand" doesn't work in MapleSea. "Talk" is perhaps the best command to train your Huskies.

------------------------------------------------------------------

For most level 20+ pets : "Talk" will still be the best command to train your pets. You may ask, "but don't you have a new command at level 20?" Yes, you do. It however works rarely and only gives 1 extra closeness compared to "talk".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rudolphs (Level 21+) : Rudolphs have a new command "Go" at level 21 (Yes, one level late compared to others). It gives 2 closeness and works often, Cyndrin says. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Pandas: Cyndrin pointed out that "Sleep" gives 3 closeness when it works, and works *very* well compared to other commands.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Husky: There's one and only one good command -- "Hand". 3 closeness command + working often, what else can you look for?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]How?

So, you know what to command, but how do you say them? Do you just scream "TALK" to your pet?

First of all:

Yep, include the name of your pet if possible. If you have all those <3's or @@@ or xx's in it, ouch. >_<"

Second: Let's use my bunny Styxie as example. If I want to use the command "Talk", here's what I *could* say:

_______talk | Styxie talk | Styxie, talk | Styxie,talk | Styxietalk

The last one, "Styxietalk", totally works even though it's wrong grammatically. It's your preference in which to use.

Hmm, let's take a break. Comic time!

Note: qaccy is not that scary in game; he doesn't lecture. >_>"

I wonder if Wizet's telling us... grammar doesn't matter on MapleStory? XD

...Spam Spam SPAM?

So you know what to use. Now, DO NOT SPAM COMMANDS! You hear me, NO SPAMMING! This is because a command only works after a certain time. No one will stop you from spamming, however, if you want more finger exercises.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]When?

So... How long is the interval?

For level 1-9 pets : I never found out, it's too long.

For level 10-19 pets : Commands work approximately every 20-30 seconds.

For level 20-30 pets : Commands work every 10-15 seconds.

Also, commands almost never work when you enter a new place (going through a portal). Give yourself 15 seconds before you even try giving your pet a command.

[Warning] : Before you go out there and go "sit sit sit" "talk talk talk", please please PLEASE, try to keep it quiet! When you go on an Orbis boat, or a Ludibrium train, and unluckily you're stuck in channel 1, you would never like to hear those "pet spams" going on. Pet dialogue bubbles are huge enough, we really don't need more bubbles to turn the place into a Perion-1 or Free Market Entrance.

I'm sure in real life, you won't like it if your parents "spam commands" on you, right? "Son, go do you homework", "Sweetie, go do the laundry", "Stop playing MapleStory, go read now." You get my point. >_>"

(Styx: but those don't exactly give closeness between you + parent, rofl =P)*Kicks*

Try and do commands in Party Chat or Guild Chat (only if you don't have a guild, or if your members won't mind). It reduces hatred, really.

[ProtoTip#4]
: [Still has to be confirmed] There are times when your pet just won't listen, even after the time interval. What can you do? Here's when discipline kicks in.

Negative commands, like "no" and "bad", works if another command fails three or more times (meaning when your pets doesn't obey you).

For example, if you use "talk" three times (not spamming it, of course), and it fails in all three tries, use "bad", "badboy", "badgirl", "no". Bad will mysteriously work.

This had only been tested twice by myself, however. Three commands failing in a row does not occur much on a level 20+ pet (and not a lot on a level 10+ too), so I cannot test it fully.

Thanks to Shadow! Smile

[ProtoTip#5]
: Whenever I train, I always forget to train pets. Here's how I remind myself to train:

1. Double-click on myself to get the Character Info window.

2. Move the window to show the pet status only, and put it somewhere on top of screen.

3. Yay, a pet status window!

(Please ignore my crappy damage there, thanks. D:)

Advantage: It reminds you whenever your pet is hungry, or your pets' closeness. I'm sure no one will take their eyes off the screen while training. :xd:

Downside:

___1. The window goes away when you press ESC on keyboard. I use the ESC key whenever I change channels, so it annoys me at times when the window disappears. But all it takes is double clicking myself again, and the window will show up at the same spot again.

___2. Thanks to StarCrossed for pointing this out.

___It seems like it causes lag to some people. My apologies.

Option #3: Feeding time

Feeding is the best at below 79, but above 50. Why?

1. It gives +1 closeness more often.

2. Pet food gives 30 fullness, why waste it? Are you trying to use White pots when you're only level 1?

[ProtoTip#6]
: Pet Food. Don't forget them. Stock them up whenever you're in Ludibrium! The NPC outside of Pet Park sells Pet Food for 25 meso each, while the NPCs in Orbis Park and Henesys sell them at 30 meso each.

Also, one slot of your Use Inventory can hold 200 Pet Food, so stock up and don't starve your pet!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Section 3 : The most accurate Closeness Chart ever!

Omg closeness chart? Yes, level 20+ closenesses are wrong in most charts you find online. This one's now totally accurate (I believe XD). Now you can level your pets in front of your friends, with 100% accuracy!

Level - Closeness
1 - 0
2 - 1
3 - 3
4 - 6
5 - 14
6 - 31
7 - 60
8 - 108
9 - 181
10 - 287

11 - 434
12 - 632
13 - 891
14 - 1224
15 - 1642
16 - 2161
17 - 2793
18 - 3557
19 - 4467
20 - 5542

21 - 6801
22 - 8263
23 - 9950
24 - 11882
25 - 14084
26 - 16578
27 - 19391
28 - 22547
29 - 26074
30 - 30000

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Section 4 : My Words

Yeah, here's what I have to say to conclude this guide (wait is this even a guide really?).

I typed all these simply for fun (2 hour patch bores me) and to share what I know. You may find this guide useless, but some others may not. Though some of the points stated here are common knowledge, I'm hoping it'll help some pet starters. Surely spamming commands may be fast, but what would you get from it? Keep in mind, pet leveling is not a race, given it has a limit of 30 levels.

Sit back, and slowly take your pet to level 30. It's more fun than meaningless command spam, no kidding.

Share your opinion here too, if you like. Correct me if I'm wrong too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Section 5 : Credits Stuff

Oh noes, I forgot about this when I wrote this. >_>

So yes, I wrote all this, and I drew every single pictures here (except the Screenshots, lol). I will not like it if someone jacks this, I spent a bit of time to work on this guide too, please. =x

Big thanks to Styx for spell checking this WHOLE (yes, WHOLE) guide, and for being my first reader.

Thanks to Helen tea tea (greenxtea) for jumping the Ludibrium Pet Park with me almost every morning, and updating Closeness Chart with me~

Thanks to Jon (djwifstyle) for gifting me my Brown Kitty. Without it, I'm sure I could never have written (or typed) all this.

Thanks to my MS daughters Saki (Malfunction) for being OVERLY supportive Very Happy, Karen (KiwiMocha) for being in one of the picture, and Michy (KiwiCherry) for being in one of my pictures, plus helping me out on the Closeness Chart. Lina, if you're reading this, you'll be added soon, don't feel left out pls. n__n

And of course, thanks to everyone on my buddy list who hasn't yelled at me when I go insane over pets! XD (Especially when any of my pets level)

Thanks to the Japanese MapleStory sites for the little pictures in the whole guide. Very Happy

Thanks to everyone who kept adding to the guide. Smile

And last but not least, thank you to you all for reading (and hopefully enjoyed it). =3
Back to top Go down

Pet Guide
Page 1 of 1